Can an alimony be modified?

If there are substantial, material, and unforeseeable changes in the circumstances, either party may petition the court for an order modifying alimony. However, the court may not modify alimony to address needs of the recipient that did not exist at the time the divorce decree was issued by the court, unless special circumstances exist. Call Fair Price Lawyers today to discuss modifying an alimony order.