How is a child support order enforced?

In the event child support payments are not made or parent time is withheld, the aggrieved party must file a Motion to Enforce Domestic Order with the Utah court having jurisdiction over the case. It is important to know that custodial parents may not withhold parent time, even if child support is not being paid. Likewise, a parent may not withhold child support, even if parent time is being withheld. The appropriate remedy is to file a motion with the court. The court may order child support arrears be paid and may also find the offending party in contempt of court and order the party to pay a fine or serve time in jail. Call Fair Price Lawyers today at (801) 999-0104 for a consultation with a Utah family law attorney and to learn more about filing a Motion to Enforce a Domestic Order.